Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) ERP software typically consists of multiple enterprise software modules that are individually purchased, based on what best meets the specific needs and technical capabilities of the organization. Each ERP module is focused on one area of business processes, such as product development or marketing. A business can use ERP software to manage back-office activities and tasks including the following:
- Distribution Process Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Purchasing Management
- Sales and Customer Services
- Financial Management (accounting, book keeping, configure prices, improve accuracy of financial data, facilitate better project planning)
- Human Resources Management (automate employee life-cycle, hiring, payroll, attendance, etc.)
- As well as standardize critical business procedures, reduce redundant tasks, assess business needs, etc.